Position Type :
Experience Level :
Education Level :
NQF 7 Honours Degree / Post Graduate Certificate
Closing Date :
Job ID : 719
Click here to find more jobs posted by this Recruiter
The Data Analyst will support the Payments Department and Business to make data-driven decisions to improve deposit success and optimize payment methods.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for analysing market trends and feedback from customers to propose, define and deliver product enhancements.
Take responsibility for the identification of new opportunities, service improvements, and cost reductions and defining the associated business cases that enable the business to prioritise the roadmap.
- Graduate 2:1 (STEM) – Relevant Degree with Maths and Data science/analysis as major subjects/ part of a degree
- 3+ Years Commercial experience within a similar position
- Must have proven work experience as Data Analyst or similar role and be familiar with analysing Data
- Knowledge of online payments, gaming accounts, banking and payments processing is essential
- Extensive experience using data visualisation software such as QlikSense, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Advance knowledge of SQL and comfortable writing complex queries
- Experience working with complex datasets from a variety of sources
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work with and combine multiple data sources to answer key business questions
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex analysis results and processes to non-technical audiences in a clear and positive manner
- Excellent communication skills and an open collaborative communication style, with experience working across cultures and time zones to build connected, sustainable relationships regardless of organizational structure
- A talented and enthusiastic individual who thrives in a fast-changing environment
- An analytical and a natural problem solver with a positive approach and determination to overcome obstacles, results orientation with a focus on quality, efficiency, and operational excellence
- A multitasker who can work under pressure to a consistently high standard
- Driven, self-starter mentality and keen to go above and beyond to deliver excellence
- Experience working with Web Analytics, specifically Google Analytics & Google Search Console
- Experience in markup languages such as HTML, XML.
- Analytical coding skills using R, Python, SAS
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Prepare weekly data insights of the payments program
- Compare our payments program with method/industry benchmarks
- Analyse data sets and deliver actionable insights and recommendations for the business presenting outcomes from analysis with confidence to senior stakeholders
- Investigate and identify root causes of issues raised and driving forward resolution to reduce reoccurrence
- Monitor real-time payment/transaction flows, payment/transaction processing and activity
- Conducting forecasting of new payment methods
- Utilise all available tools to proactively identify data-driven opportunities for improvement
- Select and deploy appropriate analytical and statistical techniques to help with a range of tasks including trend analysis to identify patterns in behaviour, user journey analysis, product gap analysis, A/B Testing etc.
- Stay up to date with industry developments, best practices and new technologies
- Ensure all data flows and dashboards are up to date and accurate determining the best solution for delivering clear concise data to facilitate decision making
- Providing and verifying the validity and accuracy of data and assumptions
- Ad-hoc analysis - regularly present product performance updates and ad-hoc analyses to support Stakeholders in the decision-making process
- Present recommendations based on findings and investigations from pro-active analysis in a non-technical manner to senior stakeholders
- Have an understanding of all functionalities of existing and new payment method solutions
- Ensure ongoing reviews of PSP features and updates for further analysis and prioritisation
- Active monitoring of the cost efficiency and overall performance of the various PSPs
This position will offer a competitive remuneration package that will be highly negotiable depending relevant Qualifications, Experience, and proven Track record.
Find us at: